Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Blindfold and Cigarettes

Today is the last day of the Ontario election. I guess I'm celebrating it with about as much indifference as the start of the election. Really, I'm more concerned by how I can't get the picture to format properly in my "Currently Reading" section of this blog than I am about who wins what in the election. I always vote, but this time, in my riding, it really just feels like choosing which lawyer I dislike the least and then deciding how generous I'm feeling towards MMP when I'm in the booth. Good mood gets a yes vote, bad mood gets a no because really I haven't been convinced about the system presented. I think it's well intentioned but severely lacking in many regards that you don't need to be bored with at the moment (and I really don't feel like answering comments).

I'm not going to try and convince anyone about it one way or the other because the more I think about it, the more I really just don't give a flying fuck what the political system is as long as I can take part in it.



2 comments:

XUP said...

Yay - - the flying fuck political party. If MMP passes we might be able to get a seat in parliament with the FFPP. I'll nominate you and help raise the 35 cents for campaign stuff.

joncormier said...

Bah, I won't bow to those financial pressures. Today it's 35 cents, tomorrow I need to advance you big spending agenda! And you know, maybe do stuff.