Monday, May 14, 2007

Monday Meme - Random Act of Hopscotch

Okay, not really a meme or online but I have to say I love this story about people using graffiti in beautiful ways. I'm a fan of graffiti in general - hence the links to Bansky and Invader - but this story just pleases me on many levels. Art, especially children's games that are biodegradable, is not a crime.

I've personally come across a few of the chalked sidewalks that were labelled "Random Act of Hopscotch" and figured the Glebe was full of pretentious, yet brilliant, children. I guess they are much more brilliant and organized than first thought. This is one of the few times I wish I carried around my camera in case I found an example to post here.

Seriously though, one of the best things about Ottawa is the extremely clever graffiti found around from the sticker-art to the pink ghosts to those paint spraying guys peaking around buildings. That being said I can't abide tagging - seriously it's as lame as the jackass that called the city to clean a game of hopscotch off the streets.

And whoever called the cops about what could have been a world record hopscotch course, you should be ashamed of yourself. You are a meanie-bo-feanie and embody the reason people think Ottawa is dull and beige.




No comments: